Netra T1 105

I accidentally became the owner of a new old Sun Netra T1 model 105 yesterday.  I had asked our super-helpful systems administrator if he had any old 1U servers to loan me as a prop for a tabletop demo I was to give, and it just so happened that this T1 was left behind by the former computing services manager.

Sun Netra T1 105
I must say, it's an odd little machine.  I expected it to be like my old Sun Fire v100, which is analogous to a Sun Blade 150 wrapped into a cheap 1U.  However, these T1s are closer to Ultra 10s wrapped into a 1U with the nice addition of hot-swappable SCSI in the front and a Fast40 HD68 SCSI port in the back.  This particular one was fully loaded, too:

Netra t1 (UltraSPARC-IIi 440MHz), No Keyboard
OpenBoot 3.10.25 ME, 1024 MB memory installed, Serial #        .
Ethernet address 8:0:           , Host ID: 80      .

Playing with an old computer again feels a little strange, seeing as how I haven't gotten a new toy like this in almost a year.  The last computer I added to my collection was my RS/6000 43p-150 which I bought back in May 2011, and I haven't fired it up since June.

Anyway, I wound up not even needing this computer for my demo, but I'm stuck with it now so I'm sure I can have fun with it.  All it needs is a name and an OS.

More photos can be found in my Picasa album:
Sun Netra T1